Monday, January 12, 2015

Welcome to Cover to Cover


I learned to read when I was in the 1st grade (none of this right from the womb crap of today) and I'd like to say that from  that first moment I figured it all out in Ms. Harkey's class that I was hooked.

But to be honest, I don't remember. I remember the color of the carpet in the classroom, and the feeling of being in the reading circle with my class but beyond that... nothing.

Fast forward to 3rd grade, I remember huddling in my bedroom after lights out reading book after book from the light of my alarm clock (which lead me to the disastrous vision problems I have today) or sneaking into the bathroom in the middle of the night so I could read just one more page!

And then there's 6th grade where I remember how it all really changed for me.

I read Gone with the Wind. And I was done for.

I was hooked on books. 

I devoured books whenever I could. Fiction, non-fiction, biographies, history tombs, English Literature classics (so much that I majored in English. I also got my Masters in Creative Writing but that's another story, another blog), how-tos, cookbooks, whatever. 

While I've met a ton of books I don't like (boring story lines, unbelievable characters, plots that go NO WHERE!), I've met a ton I do like. 

That's what this blog is about. Me telling you how much I love book (lucky you!).

If you have any book suggestion, please feel free to email me at thecovertocovergirl@gmail.com 

Oh, and a little FTC crap. All reviews, unless otherwise posted, are fully for my own enjoyment and yours. If I receive a book for review from a publisher (which I'm totally open to!), you will know it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment